Saturday, April 28, 2007

A day on the farm - April 28th

Spent the day "playing" at this camp site (the Normandy Farm). Swam in their pool, wandered around the pond looking for fish or toads, Delilah played on their great play lot, and we watched some FREE rental movies. Then, headed into a little town where B got an acupuncture session, and D and I shopped for some odds and ends. There was a tiny little model train store - not much larger than a broom closet, a few eclectic stores, including a place that was called "Farmers Corner" which though the name might insinuate some farm products, the closest thing to produce that I was able to find was a container of orange juice that was not from concentrate...


On the return trip, we happened upon a pair of wild turkeys courting a hen in the street - quite a spectacle. Apparently one of them thought the RV was competing and gave us a good show. Yes, that's a real Tom turkey, slightly blurred by motion of shooting while driving.


Another picture included above, of Barbara in her nest. Between the lack of a "white noise generator" fan (we could turn on the roof fan, but it moves a lot of air), Barbara still getting over some "issues", and apparently my snoring louder than normal, B has managed to usurp the comfy bed, which relegates me to the over cab bed with Delilah... It has it's pluses up there - for starters, Delilah sleeps through my snoring, where B is likely to thump me with a pillow, the cat bugs her instead of me, the bed is actually longer there (I don't need to tuck), and now that I sleep with Delilah's head at my feet, Delilah isn't as likely to pester me in my sleep. There have been a few times where she pulled on my beard hair while I was sleeping, or fiddles with my eyelashes, or thinks it would be funny to tickle my chin, etc... I'm sure I'll look back with fondness, but when you are trying to sleep, "Go to sleep, imp..." is all I can muster. A side benefit is that I've been able to convince B that since I'm not sleeping the bed, that we can at least occasionally store some of the detritus that we have collected along the way on the side of the bed she isn't sleeping in. Contest of the day - guess what the stuff is?

No comments: