Monday, May 24, 2010

A poem inspired by Maker Faire

I went to the Maker Fair in the Bay Area over the weekend, and had a hoot. Lots of great people, stuff, ideas, etc. I'll do a seperate post blog on the faire later - but I was inspired by a gal there that is a poet for hire, a gig I did in middle-school for a few friends. She types them out on an actual typewriter, adding to the chique of the whole thing.

In any event, her's a gift that I sent to her -

A Poem for the Poet Muse
(C) Dave Cox, 2010

While wandering a fanciful land of crafted reality,
I stumbled upon a sprite, a vision from my own past -
A poet for hire, an extro-spective muse, whom,
provided with but a few tidbits of seed knowedge,
creates a poem of sublime understanding -
as if dictation from some invisible witness,
as if some deeper psychic tendril connectects her,
and pours fourth from the arcane keys of her typwriter;
and the weight of words lay, so much greater,
than the weight of ink on paper...

No comments: