Saturday, June 23, 2007

Amuse-a-ramma - June 17 through 19th


Having bought the Disney Pass, and knowing that B only goes to see Delilah and I have a good time, I took D back to Disneyland on the 17th. Lines were still huge for the new "Finding Nemo" Sub Ride, and we were planning on meeting B back at the campground for a Fathers Day get together by 3, so just did a few rides, including the requisite "Tiki-Room", "Carousel" and "Pooh's Adventure", along with a few others for good order. Got back to the RV for a nap/recharge for D in time for B to come up, then went out to a Moroccan place ostensibly for the Papa Dinner, but all parties had a nice time there.

On Monday, we went to the Long Beach "Aquarium of the Pacific" which has definitely grown up some - added new displays, lots of interactive stations, and a "smart fun for kids" embossing machine to emboss animal shapes at various stations. Then B headed home, and D and I went back to the RV - nap for her, and some quality "World of Warcraft" time for me, prior to her waking, and playing some fun animal impersonations with her. Ever heard my frog? I'm told it's pretty good...

Tuesday, D and I did a quick jaunt into Disneyland just for Nemo, which was amusing and fun, but I won't wait 2 hours for it again. B actually did remarkably well in the line, and only complained at one point about the wait, but when I explained we were almost halfway there, and we would just need to leave she toughed it out. Then we went to California Adventure and did a few more rides there, and thoroughly sated my hunger for Amusement parks for a while. After the park we headed home to San Diego for the night, and to reconfigure for picking up some friends for another little jaunt (though still part of what I was calling Phase II). Home Wednesday for restocking, and then off on Thursday AM again.

No comments: